Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Recommended Reading

Synopsis

Martha Carrier was one of the first women to be accused, tried and hanged as a witch in Massachusetts. Like her mother, young Sarah Carrier is bright and willful, openly challenging the small, brutal world in which they live. Often at odds with one another, mother and daughter are forced to stand together against the escalating hysteria of the trials and the superstitious tyranny that led to the torture and imprisonment of more than 200 people accused of witchcraft.


I know this book has been posted here before, but I really must recommend it again.

Barnes and Noble:

http://search.barnesandnoble.com/booksearch/isbnInquiry.asp?r=1&ISBN=9780156007474&ourl=Slammerkin%2FEmma%2DDonoghue&cm_mmc=yahoossp-_-plp-_-books-_-Slammerkin-9780156007474

1 comment:

Kileen said...

It's quite odd that you recommended both of these books and both of them are sitting on my shelf waiting for me to read them. I guess I better get to it! Now which one to choose first...hmmm.

Related Posts with Thumbnails