Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Kali-Ma


I think I've stated this before on this very blog, but it bears repeating: there are only a scant handful of horror books that have actually succeeded in terrifying me. Dan Simmons "Song Of Kali" is probably the most powerful, which is why I've saved it for last.

"Song of Kali" is the story of Robert, an American journalist, who is sent to Calcutta, India to investigate a deceased poet, who might not be dead after all. His descent into the dark world of Kali-worshippers and the living dead lead up to one of the biggest and most brutal punches to the gut I've ever experienced with a book. It's truly horrifying.

Not recommended to the squeamish.

2 comments:

Melanie's Randomness said...

Now this is very interesting. I might just pick up this book. All I can think of is Kali-Ma in Indiana Jones:Temple of Doom & that was my favorite one. I'm a lil squeamish so I might have to read this book in the day-time.

Wendy=i= said...

Can't wait to read it. Fascinating to me that it can be so horrible.
~Kali fan

Related Posts with Thumbnails